Keep Cobb Beautiful staff is offering local youth the opportunity to be a part of the Associate Board Member program, which is an excellent opportunity to explore the benefits of working with a non-profit organization to educate, beautify and improve the environment.
The program will give youth hands-on experience implementing programs and hosting events. Associate Board Members will be eligible to sit on KCB's various committees, help organize and run events and represent the organization at luncheons, trainings and award ceremonies. They may also qualify for college scholarships that will be awarded to active, engaged members.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a current Cobb County resident
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be a high school junior or senior, college undergraduate of graduate student
- Have an interest in environmental community service
- Be able to pledge a total of 35 hours for the school year
- Be willing to make a long-term commitment to the program for the duration of the school year
- Have proven leadership abilities
Completed applications must be submitted by Friday, Sept. 7. The top candidates will be notified and announced at the 2012 Earth Fair 4-7 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 2, at the Cobb Civic Center. To download the application, visit cobbcounty.org/kcb.