One of the six Cobb County schools that recently received grants from the Southeast United Dairy Industry Association is in Mableton.
Pebblebrook High School in Mableton received a grant between $2,000 to $3,780 to support the Fuel Up To Play 60 national initiative.
The National Dairy Council, the National Football League, and the United States Department of Agriculture launched the initiative as part of an effort to get people active for 60 minutes a day. Fuel Up To Play 60 also encourages participants to eat nutrient rich foods.
In addition to Pebblebrook, grants were awarded to:
- Mountain View Elementary School, East Cobb;
- McCleskey Middle School, Northeast Cobb;
- Ford Elementary School, Acworth;
- Awtrey Middle School, Kennesaw;
- and Fair Oaks Elementary School, Marietta.