Here are the latest updates on road work being done around Mableton, Austell and Cobb County, according to Cobb Commissioners Bob Ott, Helen Goreham, JoAnn Birrell, Lisa Cupid and the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT).
Davidson Road to Willow Point Parkway
Extended lane closures are scheduled this week, with one lane open for your commute. The contractor will be grading and placing concrete, and work on asphalt paving between Hyde Road and Asheforde Drive.
Willow Point Pkwy to Timber Ridge Road
Extended lane closures are scheduled this week with one lane remaining open for commute. The contractor will be grading, installing storm drainage crossings and placing concrete.
Karls Gate Drive to Lake Fjord Pass
Expect intermittent lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane remaining open while the contractor continues grading, placing concrete sidewalk and begins water main installation.
I-285 Top-End Resurfacing
Expect delays as Georgia DOT continues working on a $56 million resurfacing project on I-285. Crews will resurface 10 miles of I-285 between Paces Ferry Road in Cobb County and Ashford Dunwoody Road in DeKalb County. Most work will take place nights and weekends. The project is scheduled to complete in August.
Paper Mill Road Bridge Replacement
- Starting in May, Cobb County Department of Transportation will begin work on replacing the bridge and adding a pedestrian bridge over Sope Creek on Paper Mill Road. The new bridge will include a six-foot sidewalk on the south side, providing access to the National Park Service trails.
- Paper Mill Road will be closed at the bridge for approximately four months for the summer. Signed detour routes will be provided during construction.
Casteel Road Sidewalks Construction
Casteel Road will be closed through Wednesday, April 10, for contractor to install a culvert across the road.
Barrett Parkway Construction
- 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures northbound between Burnt Hickory Road and Cobb Parkway (US 41) with one lane open at all times.
- 7 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures southbound between Cobb Place and Burnt Hickory Road with one lane open.
Jiles Road Construction
- Cobb Pkwy to CSX Railroad Bridge: Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane remaining open.
Ballard Drive to Dallas Highway (SR 120)
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures with one lane remaining open.
Wade Green Road to Canton Road
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures with one lane open between Wade Green Road and Bells Ferry Road.
Wicks Valley Drive
The project includes replacing both headwalls, repairing the pipe, and stabilizing the shoulders. The contractor will continue installing erosion control and clearing from Monday through Friday.
Holly Mill Run Drainage Construction
The project includes replacing the inlet headwall, repairing pipes, and stabilizing the shoulder. The contractor may begin survey layout and utility locates.
Mabry Road Drainage Construction
Mabry Road will be closed through Sunday, April 14 for contractor to install a culvert across the road. Advance notification and signed detour routes will be provided.