Here are the latest updates on road work being done around Mableton, Austell and Cobb County, according to the Cobb Department of Transportation.
County Services Parkway Sidewalks
Expect periodic lane closures with one lane remaining open in both directions between Austell Road to Powder Springs Road.
Floyd Road Construction
- Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. between Clay Road to Hicks Road with one lane remaining open.
- Temporary sidewalks are in place as new sidewalks are constructed along the east side of Floyd Road. Additional traffic barrels and directional signage will assist pedestrians needing access to CCT bus stops on the west side of Floyd.
Lower Roswell Road Construction
Davidson Road to Willow Point Parkway
Expect delays and lane closures this week, with one lane open for your commute. The contractor will be grading and placing concrete, and work on asphalt paving between Hyde Road and Asheforde Drive.
Willow Point Pkwy to Timber Ridge Road
One lane will remain open for commute. The contractor will be grading, installing storm drainage crossings and placing concrete.
Karls Gate Drive to Lake Fjord Pass
Expect intermittent lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane remaining open while the contractor continues grading, placing concrete sidewalk and begins water main installation.
I-285 Top-End Resurfacing
Expect delays as Georgia DOT continues working on a $56 million resurfacing project on I-285. Crews will resurface 10 miles of I-285 between Paces Ferry Road in Cobb County and Ashford Dunwoody Road in DeKalb County. Most work will take place nights and weekends. The project is scheduled to complete in August.
Ledford Drive Drainage Construction
Ledford Drive is closed this week, but access is available from both directions.
Casteel Road Sidewalks Construction
Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. between Ballard Drive to Dallas Highway (SR 120).
One lane will remain open at all times during asphalt paving operations at the following locations:
- Brownsville Road from Hiram-Lithia Springs Road to Paulding County Line;
- Hiram Lithia Spring Road from Brownsville Road to Douglas County Line.
Skip Spann/Busbee-Frey Connector
- The proposed project would build a connecting roundabout just north of Chastain Road at the intersection of the Skip Spann Connector and Busbee Drive.
- Additional information will be made available at a Public Information Open House (PIOH) from 5-7 p.m. this Tuesday, April 16, at Kaiser Permanente, Second Floor, 750 TownPark Lane, Kennesaw.
Barrett Parkway Construction
- 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures northbound between Burnt Hickory Road and Cobb Parkway (US 41) with one lane open at all times.
- 7 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures southbound between Cobb Place and Burnt Hickory Road with one lane open.
Jiles Road Construction
- Cobb Pkwy to CSX Railroad Bridge: Expect periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, with one lane remaining open.
Ballard Drive to Dallas Highway (SR 120)
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures with one lane remaining open.
Wade Green Road to Canton Road
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, expect periodic lane closures with one lane open between Wade Green Road and Bells Ferry Road.
Wicks Valley Drive
The project includes replacing both headwalls, repairing the pipe, and stabilizing the shoulders. The contractor will continue installing erosion control and clearing from Monday through Friday.
Holly Mill Run Drainage Construction
The project includes replacing the inlet headwall, repairing pipes, and stabilizing the shoulder. The contractor may begin survey layout and utility locates.