I love candy cane hot chocolates. And Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses are delicious, and only available this time of year. So, what perfect way to honor the delicious holiday treat than with their very own cookie?
Be sure to refrigerate the dough so you can work with it. I found it easiest to make the cookies even by using a cookie scoop and then rolling the dough with my hands.
Enjoy these warm as you pull them out of the oven (the Kisses will be melty from the warm cookie) or with milk as a special treat.
These are perfect cookies for holiday guests or for a cookie exchange.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Cover, refrigerate dough about 1 hour until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Shape dough into 1 1/8 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven. Place Hershey Kiss in center of each cookie and press down lightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet and move to wire rack to cool completely.