Pay bills. Take a trip. Take care of family and friends. Hide.
Those are all the reasons given by Mega Millions customers in Mableton who are hoping they will win the record highest jackpot of $640 million in the Mega Millions game.
A , but South Cobb residents and customers could be excluded from that group. South Cobb residents or customers of South Cobb businesses have won millions since 2010 in various Georgia lottery games.
Recent winners include:
- , is a great grandmother of two, who purchased won $300,000 with taxes paid after purchasing a $20 ticket from Kroger on Floyd Road in Mableton in February 2011.
- at a gas station in Palmetto in February 2011. Her husband, Tim, had won $30,000 in 1996.
- Vilmer Meyer, a 61-year-old great grandmother of Austell, after purchasing a Decades of Dollars ticket on March 8, 2012.
- Matthew Starks Jr., a 57-year-old supervisor at Austell's Six Flags Over Georgia, after purchasing a ticket in Lithonia.
- Since 2010, eight others from Austell and South Cobb have won from $50,000 to $116 million playing Georgia lottery games.
In 2010, Gerald Render of Mableton won $116 million playing Powerball at Heby's Shell gas station on Floyd Road. Cecile Grant of Brooklyn also won $50,000 recently at Heby's playing Jumbo Bucks Classic.
South Cobb Patch talked to some Mega Millions customers there on Friday. Watch the video to see what they had to say.
The winning numbers will be drawn live at 11 p.m. on WSB-TV, channel 2.
What would you do if you won the $640 million jackpot? Tell us below in the comments.