The eighth annual Thanksgiving Ecumenical Celebration at Temple Kol Emeth will focus its community spotlight on MUST Ministries.
The service takes place on Thursday, Nov. 15, starting at 7 p.m. The synagogue is located at 1415 Old Canton Road, at the intersection of Sewell Mill Road.
Started by TKE Rabbi Steven Lebow in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2011 attacks, the service aims to bring together people from Jewish, Christian, Muslim and other traditions with scripture readings, song and in giving thanks.
The following faith communities will be participating in this service:
- Eastminster Presbyterian Church
- East Cobb Islamic Center
- East Cobb United Methodist Church
- Emerson Unitarian Universalist Congregation
- Indian American Cultural Association
- Islamic Center of Marietta
- Islamic Speakers Bureau
- Masjid Al-Mu'Minun
- North River Church of Christ
- Transfiguration Catholic Church
- Unity North Atlanta Church
Guests are asked to bring canned goods for MUST Ministries, and donations will be accepted for Give-A-Gobble. A dessert reception will follow the service.
For information and updates on the service visit the Thanksgiving Ecumenical Celebration's Facebook page.