Cobb Police Crime Report for Austell, July 11-21
Here's a rundown of the crime incidents in unincorporated Austell.
At the last Cobb Police Police Email Notification System (PENS) meeting for Precinct 2, Detective Sgt. Jorge Mestre said the South Cobb precinct, which is the busiest in the county, has answered 9,000 service calls since January.
Mestre also showed that the residential burglary is the top theft crime affecting South Cobb, with approximately 100 home invasions occurring each month.
Here are the crime incidents that have occurred in Austell, according to the Cobb Police Department. The incidents occurring within the Austell Police Department's jurisdiction are not included in this report.
- Entering auto at the Econo Lodge at 200 Six Flags Parkway
- Two separate incidents of shoplifting items worth less than $300 at Wal-Mart 1133 East-West Connector
- Theft of automobile, 900 block of Pine Hollow Road
- Arrest of a person wanted in Douglas County for improper restraint of a dog and for trespassing at Austell Inn & Suites at 7377 Six Flags Drive/Riverside Parkway
- Burglary, without forced entry at 2000 block of Lenoa Lane
- Arrest of a person wanted in Fulton County for a probation violation at an alterations business at 6861 Landmark Way
- Theft by taking at 6700 block of Ivy Lane
- Burglary, forced entry at 100 block of Twin Hill Road
- Theft by taking at The Home Depot at 1200 East-West Connector
- Theft by taking at a business at 750 Six Flags Drive
- Entering auto at Six Flags Over Georgia
- Shoplifting of more than $300 worth of merchandise at Lowe's at 1717 East-West Connector
- Theft by taking at 6000 block of Bowden Street
- Arrest of a person wanted for a Fulton County sex offender violation, 6900 block of Flagstone Drive
- Theft by taking, 400 block of Calgary Lane
- Theft of automobile, at Concepts 21 apartments at 807 Concepts Drive 21 Circle
- Theft of automobile at 1900 block of Witt Drive